Friday, November 5, 2010

HIGH TURNOVER RATE

I was recently asked why I felt there was such a high turnover rate between Dom's and sub's/slaves. In My not so humble opinion I feel there are a couple of reasons.  The first one is that the Dom and the sub/slave outgrow one another.  The Dom and sub both reach the highest point in the relationship that they can and they decide to move on.  Personally, I believe that after putting that much time and effort in training and shaping My sub(s)/slave(s) I want to keep them after I get them shaped into the best servant for Me that I can.  The other reason is the nature of the beast.  "Vanilla" couples will date three to five years, for example, and then after they believe they know each other, get married.  The odds of their marriage ending in divorce is 50/50.  In BDSM, the people may know each other for a month or so and then have a collaring ceremony... do you really know each other.  I don't think so.  That being said however, I have known people that have been together for years.  Don't get discouraged.  Anything worth having is worth working for and that is especially true in BDSM - it takes work on the part of everyone involved.  If you are not willing to put effort into your relationship don't get involved with ANYONE - vanilla or BDSM.  Also, sometime people work well together for awhile but as both Dom and sub/slave relationships grow and develop, after a period of time people decide they have done as much as they can for each other and it is time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment